Kia Lease Returns at Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia in Gainesville, GA
Currently leasing a vehicle and looking to return it?
You’ve come to the right place
Regardless of where you started your Kia lease, Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia is committed to providing a hassle-free lease return process. Whether its time to return your lease or you are curious about other options – we are here to assist.
Here are some of your options if you currently have a leased Kia vehicle:
Here are your options if you currently have a leased Kia vehicle:
1. Purchase your currently leased Kia
If you have come to love the Kia vehicle that you have been leasing, you can choose to purchase it. You can buy it outright at the lease-end value, or finance the amount remaining with Kia Financial Services. Both of these options would absolve you of any additional charges you could have had if you returned it with excess wear or you were over the allowed mileage. Contact or visit Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia and we will assist in whichever option works suits you best.
2. Return your Kia at lease-end
If you decide you want to go ahead and turn in the keys to your current leased Kia – no problem. Whether you leased your vehicle from us or any other dealership, we are more than happy to assist you. For a quicker lease return process, you should:
– Clean out your vehicle inside and out
– Remove all your personal belongings from the vehicle
– Make sure to have all equipment originally provided with the vehicle (keys, owner’s manual, etc.)
– Fill out and sign an Odometer Disclosure Statement and bring it with you when returning your vehicle.
Kia Lease Return Inspection
When returning a leased vehicle, the lease return process will begin with an end-of-lease inspection. We will inspect your vehicles condition and provide an estimate of any charges, if applicable.
You can do a self-assessment before your returning your Kia to identify potential excess wear and use to give you an estimate of charges.
Kia Early Lease Return in Gainesville, GA
At Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia we are here to let you know your options when you want to turn in your lease early. No matter how long you have had your lease or where it originated. Contact us and we can discuss your options.
3. Choose a new Kia to buy or lease
If you’re looking or a brand new Kia to purchase or lease, come into Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia to test drive from our lineup of Kia vehicles. Our team is here to help.
Kia LEASE RETURN F.A.Q
Do I have to return my Kia to the dealer that I originally leased from?
No, you are welcome to return your leased vehicle right here to Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia – no matter where your lease originated from. Whether your looking for a new vehicle, or not we will still accept your lease return with no pressure to buy/lease from us
What are things I can expect when I return my lease?
If you plan to return your leased Kia vehicle on the lease-end date you can expect:
- Leased vehicle inspection – the condition of the returned vehicle will be inspected to determine if there is any damage outside the normal parameters that were agreed upon when you signed the lease
- Fees for excess mileage and wear and tear – if there is damage that requires fixing, you may be charged extra fees. If you go over the allowed mileage in your lease contract, there will also be fees charged.
- Lease disposition fee – be prepared to spend a lease disposition fee when turning in your lease. If you lease another vehicle of the same make, this fee could be waived.
- Return all keys and any other factory equipment – it’s important to return your car with all the items when you signed your lease contract
Can I trade our of my lease early or get out of it completely?
Here are a few options you have if you want to get out of your lease early:
- Buyout your lease
- Trade in your leased vehicle
- Work with a dealership to buy out your leased vehicle
- Transfer your lease to someone else (if allowed)
How much will it cost me if I am over my orginial contracted miles?
Please contact us at (678) 679-0257 for this information. Charges can vary by model and it is possible that you could purchase additional miles before your lease contract ends.
What will I be charged for when I return my lease?
This can depend on the condition of the vehicle and if it meats the terms of the lease contract when you return it. Also, you can be charged for going over the mileage stated in your lease contract.
Are there any benefits to returning my Kia and leasing a new Kia?
Yes, you can upgrade to a current model with the latest technology and features. Also, there are often loyalty programs also available.
Contact us today to discuss your return options with your lease!
Jim Shorkey Gainesville Kia in Gainesville, GA
2815 Browns Bridge Road
Gainesville, GA 30504
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Main: (678) 679-4940
Sales: (678) 679-7889